What are the benefits of choosing an Avista Senior Living community?
At Avista Senior Living, we strive to provide quality care for our residents and excellent service for their loved ones. Some of the many benefits of choosing Avista Senior Living include:
- Personalized service based on our resident’s life history, needs, and interests
- Highly trained and caring staff
- Regular training and education for our staff as well as our residents and their families on things like:
- The VITAL 5 Pillars of Success For Memory Care Settings
- The 6 C’s of Personal Care
- And much more
- Excellent programs and activities that help provide meaning for our residents
- Thoughtfully designed communities
- A safe, warm environment to thrive in
- Innovative memory care programs
In addition to our standard memory care program, we also offer a unique and innovative approach to memory care which we call the Enhance Protocol™.
The Enhance Protocol™
Avista Senior Living has partnered with dementia experts from A Mind for All Seasons to develop a one of a kind Memory Care experience called the Enhance Protocol™. Read below or speak with our Enhance Protocol™ experts at 480-418-9691 for more information!
What is the Enhance Protocol™?
The Enhance Protocol™ is a set of cutting-edge tools and systems designed to improve the cognitive functioning of our residents and their family members. This protocol is based on research by renowned neurologist Dr. Dale Bredesen and opens a pathway to improving cognitive functioning for people living with Alzheimer’s disease. This Protocol can be beneficial not only in Memory Care settings but also in Assisted Living and Independent Living settings for those wanting to be proactive in improving one’s brain health.
Here are some links to more of Dr. Bredesen’s research to help you understand more fully the basis for what we are doing:
Why is the Enhance Protocol™ different than the services offered at other memory care communities?
Simply put, we offer treatment for your loved one to stabilize and potentially improve cognitive functioning rather than simply providing good care in the midst of continual decline. We also offer the Enhance Protocol™ to the families of our residents to help each person we serve to optimize their cognitive health.
When you choose to participate in the Enhance Protocol™, your loved one receives a thorough, up-front assessment called a Cognability™ Screening. This screening includes cognitive testing, a health and life history review, and a broad panel of lab work to identify what is negatively impacting your loved one’s cognitive health. We then work with the experts at A Mind For All Seasons and a trained group of local medical providers to develop a personalized treatment plan we call the ‘roadmap’. This roadmap is tied to Dr. Bredesen’s protocol and allows us to identify areas of the brain/body that need some optimization! This plan will include but is not limited to:
- A medication review to identify potential ways to reduce the amount of medication your loved one uses.
- The addition of supplements to replace nutrients your loved one is deficient in.
- A specially trained dementia concierge at the community who is assigned to the residents that choose to be on the Enhance Protocol™. This concierge coordinates all aspects of the program and tracks your loved one’s progress.
- A multifaceted dietary approach including the introduction of green smoothies to the resident’s daily routine.
- A greater emphasis on resident sleep protocols to ensure your loved one gets as much uninterrupted rest as possible.
- Exercise is a must! The residents are encouraged and assisted by our team on-site or by local physical/occupational therapy providers to get the proper dose of daily, weekly, and monthly exercise.
- Innovative programs where residents have the opportunity to be challenged and engaged in meaningful ways.
- Periodic review of the program with the onsite dementia concierge, the physician assigned to the resident, and the resident or the resident representative.
- And more
Have questions? Speak with our Enhance Protocol™ experts at 480-418-9691 or visit one of our communities to learn more!